Hmm, I was expecting that. ;)

Looking back, when you said that this code

> <?
>   echo("<A HREF='$my_URLhome'>Go home</A>");
> ?>

would obviously create a trailing slash problem, I should have just said
that it's true IF you code it that way. I should have just said that there's
an ALTERNATIVE way of coding that wouldn't create that problem--that way,
this thread wouldn't even be this long.

As I have already mentioned, I agree that this is shorter

> echo("<A HREF='$my_URL/home'>Go home</A>");

but I'd still write this way

  echo '<a href="'. $my_URL .'/home">Go home</a>';

since, at least for me, this is easier to read. Besides, for consistency, at
my workplace we use double quotes for the (html) values.

- E