Phil Schwarzmann wrote:

>I need users to be able to insert special characters (ö and ä) into a
>text field.
>
>Unfortunately, English-speaking people do not have these keys on their
>keyboards.  Currently, they are cutting and pasting these characters
>into the text boxes.
>
>I believe ASP can insert characters into text fields by pressing a form
>button....can PHP do something like this?

Nothing to do with the language used on a server, everything to do with
the operating system the client uses. If your client computer runs MS
Windows, holding down the "Alt" key and pressing the ASCII number for
the character wanted on the digits on the number pad will give the
character. I'm afraid I don't know the equivalent if your client
computers run linux (I'm sure there is one and its just my ignorance).
I'd be interested to know the answer.

HTH
Chris