Depending on the size and current format, you may want
to import everything into the CMS. Might work well for
searching etc.

I recently converted our companies static website
(11,000 pages - we're a magazine publisher) to a mysql
database. Tough work, but not as gruelling as it
sounds. I wrote a script to parse thru the static html
files and grab the title article and date. Also made
use of the naming conventions to construct the date. A
couple days work to get something that worked
accurately for the different article formats but well
worth it.

Putting together index page and archives pages is
pretty much cake work. A simple query will grab todays
news, the past week, a month from 2000 or whatever.

You can email me if you'd like some code pieces.

olinux

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/registry/2IXE7SMI5EDI3