on 26/10/02 4:24 AM, danny ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a website with lots of stories (each story is about 20 pages long).
> The list of stories is in a MySQL database.
> I've read somewhere that pdf files can be embeded on a webpage.

Not to my knowledge.  Results will vary from browser to browser.  Some will
load an Acrobat plug-in, some will save the file and launch the acrobat
reader application, etc etc.

> I want my
> visitor to use the navigation system of my website. (and don't want them to
> leave my website while reading the pdf documents).
> I Don't like my visitors to scroll down i rather like to use buttons
> <previous> and <next>

Yuk... is this what YOU want, or what your visitors want?  I *personally*
HATE having to click through twenty pages, when I could just scroll one or
two pages.  Each to their own of course.

The only reason I would break an article/story up over a few pages would be
to get more advertising banners / spaces per article.

A html/php solution would be to split the story at the nearest paragraph
breaks every 300 words (or whatever figure you choose), split the story up
on those breaks, and generate a mutli-page HTML "book" with next and prev
buttons.

Justin French