Hello,

On 10/31/2002 01:53 PM, Olinux wrote:
I've never met an ISP that would refuse bulk
mailing, as long as you can
proove that you've got concent from the receivers
for the messages. My
mail server handles all the concent things itself,
and sofar my ISPs have
not complained about the up to 3 digit amounts of
message that go out each
day, with up to 4 digits coming in...
I have a site hosted on a shared server and if I try
to generate an email with more than 75 BCC addresses
it will not be sent. I was instructed to use the
listserve software that they provide to do mailings
like this. They don't disapprove high volume mailing,
but they do have a problem if you use BCC. I guess
that it's either harder on the server or because its
most likely spam.
You need to understand what the difference is. Most likely what they do not allow is relaying messages to many receipients sent via SMTP which is different from injecting the messages in the mail queue using sendmail program or similar.

On my dedicated servers (another company) we can do
whatever we please, but I do think that a large number
of filters are tipped off by a high volume of BCC's
Of course, you are already paying a lot of money for the dedicated resources.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos