"Erwin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> Shaun wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried some advice you gave , i tried to destroy the session cookie
> > wiht setcookie(session_name()); and setcookie(session_name(),-3600);
> > but the cookie is still there . Instead , there are now 2 cookies
> > with the same name , the one has the session id , the other has no
> > contents! HOW CAN I DELETE THESE THINGS !!!
>
> Heh...LOL
> My mistake...at first you destroy the session, then you are using
> session_name(). The session_name() function will then (of course) return
an
> empty string. Try setting the cookie (with -3600) before
session_destroy().

> First question: why are you using a cookie??? If you use session_start(),
> cookie is automaticaly send to the client.
>
> Grtz Erwin

Hi Grtz Erwin,

let me tell you wat i need to do.

1.) I have a login page - if the user logs in correctly i create
session(with session_start()) , a cookie is written to client + session file
to server.
2.)When the user logs off - i call the logOff.php page . The contents are as
follows :

    <?php
    session_start();
    setcookie(session_name(),-3600);
    session_unset();
    session_destroy();
    ect.
    ?>

Now , when the user logs in again , i want a NEW COOKIE to be sent with a
new id , to the client! This does not happen as the first cookie was never
deleted.
So when the user logs in again the same cookie is used ! why ?

Thanks alot
    Shaun