Joins. Cool. Never heard of them before now but have started
experimenting with them.
What does this error mean?

Error: cannot select orderid
select orderid from orders, email where orders.orderid = email.orderid
and email.checked='no'
Column: 'orderid' in field list is ambiguous

My query function syntax is:

function get_order_numbers()
{
$conn = db_connect();
$query = "select orderid from orders, email where orders.orderid =
email.orderid and email.checked='no'";
$result = mysql_query($query) or die("Error: cannot select
orderid<BR>$query<BR>".mysql_error());
while( $row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
        {
        extract($row);
        $orderid = $row;
        return $orderid;

What does it mean ambiguous? Cheeky error!

Steve Jackson
Web Developer
Viola Systems Ltd.
http://www.violasystems.com