Ernest E Vogelsinger wrote...

> Why don't you do it this way:
>
> $fp = fopen("ftp://username:password@;domain.com/folder/file.prefs", "w");
> fwrite($fp, 'Some content', 12);
> fclose($fp);
>
> I don't see a reason why you shouldn't directly use the file handle
> returned by fopen - that's why the PHP god has created it :)

A very good point, and this will work for me.  I mentioned in my first note
that I'm afraid that this is about 1,000 times slower than creating/writing
a "local" file, but I don't see that I have an option.

Thank you!

--
Charles Wiltgen

   "Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two-headed beast.
    One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences...
    but the other head of science is bad!  Oh beware the other head of
    science...it bites!" -- The Tick