At 20:02 07.11.2002, Charles Wiltgen said:
--------------------[snip]--------------------
>I have a script that makes a file, and then includes it.  Sometimes I get
>this error:
>
>    Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory
>    in /home/.pix/cwiltgen/coremessaging.com.scripts/pageServer.php on line
>    59
>
>    Warning: Failed opening '/home/cwiltgen/coremessaging.com/index.php' for
>    inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in
>    /home/.pix/cwiltgen/coremessaging.com.scripts/pageServer.php on line 59
>
>But most of the time it works great.  (Line 59 is simply the include
--------------------[snip]--------------------

Is this always the same source, or does some source fail, and others work?

As to the docs, open_basedir is implemented as a prefix check - from your
code it looks as if you were allowed to open all files below
/home/cwiltgens, but not outside your home directory.

Could it be that the correct path for your statement _should_ be
/home/cwiltgens/.pix?

--
   >O     Ernest E. Vogelsinger
   (\)    ICQ #13394035