At 16:08 08.11.2002, Serge Paquin spoke out and said:
--------------------[snip]--------------------
>Yes their is always output.
>
>Also the way my system works if it finds a current cache file then it just
>does "readfile" and no database connection.
>
>On that output I use ob_start("ob_gzhandler") and it outputs compressed
>without an error so it seems that ob_gzhandler is working fine that's the
>part that gets me.
--------------------[snip]--------------------

Hmm - one glitch comes to my mind - maybe you need to close the buffer file
before passing the buffer to ob_gzhandler?

        function docache ($buffer, $mode) {
                $fp=fopen(cachefilename(), "w");
                if($fp) {
                        fputs($fp,$buffer);
                        fclose($fp);
                }
                return ob_gzhandler($buffer, $mode);
        }

But I believe the problem must be somewhere in the outer logic - the
callback you showed doesn't do any discrimination if it has a cache file or
not. Check here, I'd suggest...

--
   >O Ernest E. Vogelsinger
   (\) ICQ #13394035