On Saturday 09 November 2002 00:52, dk1eng wrote:
> hi there again,
> here's the problem:
> I compiled apache using --enable-modules=so
> What do i need to do now in order to compile and install php on my machine?

The manual says it all. Basically:

./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs \
  --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/apache/conf ...

If you want a more comprehensive set of installation instructions have a look
at the "LAMP guide", google for "lamp install php apache mysql", it's a bit
old but the stuff there should still be relevant.

> Furthermore, how do i add mysql support to apache? Is there a
> --with-mysql switch?

You probably want to add mysql support to PHP rather than apache.

/*
Our policy is, when in doubt, do the right thing.
                -- Roy L. Ash, ex-president, Litton Industries
*/