I've noticed this question a fair bit, having to convince clients and
employers of a technology..  DO you guys really have that much trouble
selling php??

I tend to leave the development environment out of conversations all
together and talk product features, scalability, promotion etc

I do this with both the PHP and ASP projects I build.

If you really need to convince someone then there the kind of person people
who would really only need a name to associate things to.

This list was posted a few days ago...