in php, do
$perl=fopen('http://localhost/your_perl_script.pl?data='.$your_data,'r');
fclose($perl);

optionaly, you can read from the file handler to get some feedback from the perl script
Scott wrote:

I just realized I should have been more specific with my question. What I want to do is use php to submit registration data to the database and then send part of the data to a perl script to be encrypted and sent in an email. I have to use perl for the encryption because of user permissions on the server-Php and GPG run as different users. So I have to send the data in 2 different directions rather than keep it in the same script. I would like to be able to do it without having the user do double entries. If I can still do this without two submits, then I guess I do need an example.

Thanks for the responses,
SW