On Thursday 14 November 2002 04:12, Mike D wrote:
> Does anyone know of a way to achieve the following on
> linux/apache/qmail/php server
>
>  >  I want to have an email address that when people send a message to,
>
> a php script is triggered and the data of the email is extracted and
> inserted into a DB for use in a ticketing system.
>
> I know how to do all of the above except how to trigger a php script
> from an incoming email.

It depends somewhat on what MTA you're using to handle that incoming mail. For
example in qmail you just create a dot-qmail file which points to the program
you wish to use to handle that mail. Courier and sendmail both have a similar
mechanism.

/*
You will find me drinking gin
In the lowest kind of inn,