On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 01:58:49 +0200, you wrote:

>So, I use php4.0.6 in default redhat installation. My code:
>
>ini_set('session.use_cookies', FALSE);
>ini_set('session.use_trans_sid', TRUE);
[snip]
>TRANS SID feature doesnt working, but constant SID set
>correctly (PHPSESSID=...). If I write SID in links and forms
>manually, all works fine.

I know there are some INI settings that cannot be changed via
ini_set...for example, magic_quotes_* cannot be changed because the
data has already been processed by the time the call to ini_set is
made.  I'm not certain, but I think trans_sid might be another one of
those settings.

Does your server support .htaccess files?  If so, try creating an
.htaccess file with the following:

php_flag session.use_trans_sid on

I may be way off base here, but it's worth a shot...