On Saturday 16 November 2002 15:11, Chris Jackson wrote:
> Hi all:
> Im new to php and i have an isue.
>
> php4.2.3 windows 2000 advanced server
>

> I create a simple form page that posts back to its self and im unable to
> retreive the posted form data to display on the page.
>
> it seems like all my GLOBAL amd SESSION stuff isnt working.
> sample code:
>

> <form name="form" method="post" action="thispage.php">
> Your Name<br>
> <input type="text" name="Name" value="<?PHP $Name ?>"><br>

<?PHP $Name ?> doesn't acutally do anything (that you can see), you need

<?php echo $Name ?>

And if you still don't see anything then ...

> Im thinking that it may be a setting in the php.ini file but i dont know..

... enable register_globals in php.ini. But before you do, READ the notes in
php.ini AND also the manual about register globals.

/*
The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
                -- Miguel de Cervantes
*/