Sounds like JavaScript would be the answer here.  You can use a javascript
function to validate the form before it is even submitted.

Robbert van Andel

-----Original Message-----
From: Pushpinder Singh Garcha [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 1:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] help needed with forms

Hello

I am using php based forms, which collect information from the client
and send it in the form a email message to the admin.
I need to start using validation i.e. check whether some field/s  has
been correctly entered in the from.
My application consists of 2 php pages
1).  info.php    (this page consists of the plain form and the has its
action parameter set to "send_info.php")
2).  send_info.php  (this forms collects the information that the
client entered and composes a message and mails it to
        admin)

So I use headers in the following manner:

The send_info.php code starts like this

<?
if($email =='') {
     header("Location: http://www.mysite.com/info.php";);
        }
?>

This takes the user back to the info.php page with all the fields reset.
What I need is that
1).  An alert box must be displayed which tells the user where he went
wrong
2).  Also the data that the user had entered on the form must not be
reset to blank.

I know this sounds very trivial.
Please help me out.
Thanks
--pS

Pushpinder Singh Garcha

 "The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers."