Hi,

We have added some new features to a SiteShield protected website which makes
it neccessary to use sessions. Although creating the session and the
appropriate variables is a server side process there seem to be problems with
IE (tested with version 6 on Win2000 Pro and WinXP Pro).

If I access the site with IE I will see the following error message at the
bottom of the page:

Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current
setting of session.save_path is correct (/home/globstag/tmp) in Unknown on
line 0

However if I access the site with any other browser writing the session data
works.

But this isn't all yet. I can't replicate the problem on any other machine I
have access to. On all other machines I have access to the site works fine.

First I thought that it might have been a problem with the PHP version because
the server runs on PHP 4.0.6 and my notebook runs on PHP 4.2.1. Upgrading the
server to 4.2.1 unfortunately didn't solve the problem.

I have then deployed the site to my private dedicated server which runs PHP
4.0.6 on SuSE 7.2. Even on that machine I can't replicate the error.

The main difference between the other servers and the server in NewYork is
that only the server in NewYork is protected with SiteShield. Which leads me
to the conclusion that there might be a problem related to the combination of
SiteShield, IE and PHP.

If you have any ideas feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Cheers, Andreas

--
Andreas Otto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Using PHP on Windows? www.php4win.de