On Sun, 24 Nov 2002 17:01:21 +0900, you wrote:

>Michael Sims wrote:
>>
>> Then I suppose it's just an added feature of the session handler I am
>> using.  Maybe the OP should give it a shot, as I use it and I
>> definitely don't have a problem with expired sessions
>
>I'll think about writing my own session handler as it can be quite
>useful. However I need to evaluate the amount of extra disk read/writes
>it would add. Using a DB vs the file system does add some overhead ...

Experience has taught me that the additional overhead is negligible,
especially if the database is running locally on the web server...

Having a DB based session handler comes in very handy when you are
troubleshooting a new session-based application.  It's much easier to
run queries against active sessions that to mess around with files,
IMHO.

Good luck...