It's not the same as simply generating a report in PDF. He's looking for a band-type of report writer with groupoing levels, automatic totals, subtotals, sub reports, drag anddrop fields, right click formatting options, etc. One of the great leaps backwards with PHP, or any of the scripting language, has been reversion to the hand-coding of reports.

On the other hand, the output device is a browser, so one cannot get too fancy - hence generate a PDF. After looking at the PDF library that's not a task I'd gladly undertake.

Cheers - Miles

At 09:08 PM 11/26/2002 -0500, John W. Holmes wrote:
> sorry for posting this mysql question again. im searching for a report
> builder for mysql specifically for creating reports for
> invoice/receipt..etc.
> just like crystal reports and oracle report builder. or  is there any
> suggestion to do it  in PHP .

Get any of the hundreds of PDF classes out there and create your reports
with those...

---John Holmes...