From: Chris Wesley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 30 November 2002 20:25
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Randum Ian
Subject: Re: [PHP] Read Files

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Randum Ian wrote:

> I have a directory of files which are split up into sections based on
> 'full', 'summary' and 'competitions'. This is shown in the filename as
> follows:
>
> ministry-full-6122002.inc
>
> I want to be able to search thru the dir looking for all the 'full'
> files, then sorting them by date and including them in my html page in
> date order.

To get an array full of the file names you want:

$interestingFiles = array();
$dir = opendir( "/path/to/directory" ) or die( "Could not open dir" );
while( $dirEntry = readdir( $dir ) ){
  if( ereg( "full", $dirEntry) ){
   array_push( $interestingFiles, $dirEntry );

I'll leave it up to you to sort $interestingFiles by the date in the
element values, since I don't recognize a date in your file-naming
convention.

        g.luck,
        ~Chris