Hello,
I'd like a user to be able download a file from a file server on my LAN.

Using <a href="file://server/directory/filename"> works ok, but this simply displays
the file in the browser and I want to force the download dialog box to appear.

So now i have <a href="download.php?file=filename">, and i want to do something like
fopen("file://server/directory/filename",rb") but i just get an invalid argument
warning.
Am i on the right track?Is there a way around this?

Cheers,
Dara

--
For the largest free email in Ireland (25MB) &
File Storage space (20MB), visit http://www.campus.ie