--- Anthony Ritter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> "If you're using PHP4 on Windows, look for the following
> lines in your php.ini file:
>
> [mail function]
> SMTP =    ; for Win32 only
> sendmail_from = ;for Win32 only
>
> You'll need to modify the last two lines so that the mail
> function works properly.
>
> 1. For the SMTP entry, use 'localhost" or the name of the
> outgoing mailserver you use in your e-mail client.
>
> 2. For the sendmail_from entry, enter your e-mail
> address.
>
> For example in my php.ini file on Windows contains this:
>
> [mail function]
> SMTP =    localhost
> sendmail_from = [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> So that's what I did -using localhost - and I get:
>
> "failed to connect".

Right. Unlike Linux, I doubt Windows has a mail server
running locally without you having to buy and/or install
some extra software. I have very little experience with
Windows, but this is most likely your problem.

Take the author's advice and use whatever mail server your
mail client is using. It is probably a remote server of
some sort.

Chris