Ok.  I stripped the needed code out of the image creation script and
inserted it into my update script.  It works great as long as I hard
code in the filename of the file that is being saved to the server.
When I pass the image creation function a variable for the filename it
tells me "invalid filename", although I am echoing it out right before
and it looks perfect. Any thoughts?