It's because register_globals is off by default in your 4.3 installation. Change it in php.ini, or use the superglobal array instead.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi Leif, hi all,

when I run the following script from commandline (RedHat7.3)
PHP_SELF has a value and I will get the following result:

--- snip
[_] => /usr/local/bin/php
[OLDPWD] => /home/fritz/htdocs3/bildvote/admin
[PHP_SELF] => info70.php
[SCRIPT_NAME] => info70.php
[SCRIPT_FILENAME] => info70.php
[PATH_TRANSLATED] => info70.php
[DOCUMENT_ROOT] => [argv] => Array

--- snip

How can I get this value when I run it as a CGI?

Oliver Etzel
----- Original Message ----- From: Leif K-Brooks To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP] PHP_SELF Variable

Odd. Mind doing: print_r($GLOBALS); and tsending the results?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Hello Johannes, hello all,
>
>I compiled it as CGI-php
>and the variable $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] has no value either.
>
>What can I do on order to give PHP_SELF the right value?
>
>Oliver Etzel > On Tuesday 10 December 2002 12:36, info AT t-host.com wrote:
> > after successfully compiling and installing php.4.3-dev from tarball
> > PHP_SELF has no value. How can I set this?
>
> Try using $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] if it works look at the release notes and look > for "register_globals"
>
> johannes

-- The above message is encrypted with double rot13 encoding. Any unauthorized attempt to decrypt it will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.