Hi Michael,

> All of the PHP scripts hosted on a Linux server
> I'm working with have suddenly begun producing
> an error message:
>
>       undefined variable 'variablename'

Looks like someone's tweaked the error reporting level so it's on E_ALL,
which can be a somewhat alarmist setting :-)

Read all about it at http://php.net/manual/en/ref.errorfunc.php

> The latter would suggest fairly significant
> security issues.  Does anybody have any ideas
> as to how this might have occurred

Are you on a shared host, or is there someone else who admins your box? If
so, have a word with them and see if they've been fiddling with php.ini -
that's where the error reporting level is set.

Cheers
Jon