I have two periods in time from a Cisco router that I would like to find the
difference in seconds. I am not sure the best way to do this since it is not
a date, but rather an amount of time since last reset.

Here is the numbers

181 days, 7:11:06.66
//stands for 181 days, 7 hours, 11 minutes, 6.66 seconds.

The next is

181 days, 7:16:6.75
//stands for 181 days, 7 hours, 16 minutes, 7.75 seconds.

I would probably shave off the .66 and .75 seconds while it was still a
string. It may be faster to round when it's in seconds, I really don't know.
Then what do I do?

I was thinking of using strtotime(); but because it's not really a date, I
am at a loss for what to do.

Any help with this would be great.