On Thursday 26 December 2002 12:06 pm, Mike Bowers wrote:
> It's not permissions. The files to be read as well as folders are all
> CHMOD 777 as I thought it was this originally.

don't use 777.  that makes the scripts writeable for everyone. any
other user who can run scripts on that server can delete those
scripts or replace them with something malicious.  if any scripts
on that server can be tricked into executing code as the webserver
user (nobody, apache, www, whatever) then those files of yours
can also be modified.

you're probably just testing on a private server, in which case
777 is convenient (still a bad habit, but convenient).  but remember to
fix the permissions when you upload to a real server.  better yet,
switch to saner permissions even if only testing on a private server.

> > *Warning*: Failed opening 'editable/meta.php' for inclusion
> > (include_path='') in
> > */home/groups/v/vw/vwportal/htdocs/includes/header.php* on line *52*

looks like include_path in your php.ini is empty.  if you have:

<?php
   phpinfo();
?>

what does the include_path section say?  normally, you should have
entries in there corresponding to directories where include files can
be found.  e.g., a good minimal include_path might be:

include_path=".:..:/var/lib/www/standard_php_includes"

or something similar (i made up the last part, replace with wherever you
put standard includes that you use).  i like having the current directory
and .. in there for obvious reasons.

tiger

--
Gerald Timothy Quimpo  tiger*quimpo*org gquimpo*sni-inc.com tiger*sni*ph
Public Key: "gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 672F4C78"