----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Burlington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2002 9:24 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP] how could a php script return a dns error ?

> Hatem Ben wrote:
>

> > This is what i get exactly :
> > <error>
> > The page cannot be displayed
> > The page you are looking for is currently unavailable; The Web site
might be
> > experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your
browser
> > settings.
> > </error>
> >
> > The same message i got when a website experience dns problem ! anyway, i
got
> > this problem accidently.
> >

> well thats not a dns error
>
> it's exactly what it says it is...
>
> the website is experiencing technical difficulties...

Yep, this make a confusion for me, and a stupid error that could be solved
in one minute, was done in one day.

> >>if the hosting setup is configured not to report error messages - you
> >>may just be getting an error and no output.
> >>
> >>you may be able to override the error reporting on a per-script basis
> >>
> >>http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.error-reporting.php
> >>
> >>also you could check that the file exists before opening it.
> >>

> > maybe this is what happened, and our national gateway return me this as
> > dns error message.
> >

> it can be awkward to debug when you get a one-size-fits-all error message
>

> set_error_handler() is anonther function you may find usefull
>
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.set-error-handler.php
>
> in fact there are all sorts of things you can do to help debugging -
> even if you don't want error messages apearing on the live site !
>
> --
>
> Sean :-)

In conclusion our ISP is blocking such websites (an internet censorship
system) and returned that message.
I have said dns error, coz for dns error we got same message (maybe the
server is assumed in all cases down), the original dns error is always
blocked and we got that message inspite.

Thanks,
Hatem