This wont be much help to you but....

I use to write quite a few for ColdFusion.
Basically the first one is a bit time consuming to see what it's looking for exaclty,
after that it's a lot of cut and paste!

Like I said...  probably not very useful for you...  But I say GO FOR IT!

Especially if you have the source for the LDAP one... more cut and paste.

I use to sell them on the net afterwards for about $20.00 a pop.
I still have one (a NT user and Group Manager) that brings in a couple of hundred a
month after 3 years.

Cheers,
Mike