On Thursday 02 January 2003 03:01, Michael J. Pawlowsky wrote:
> Has anyone successfully used BCC with mail... (on Linux with sendmail)
>
> If so are you using the header:
>
> "Bcc: My Name <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>\r\n"

For Bcc it would be pointless to include "My Name" as Bcc recipients are not
displayed. Thus:

  "Bcc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]\r\n"

would be adequate.

If you really want to include a name with the email address then the correct
format is:

  "Bcc: \"My Name\" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>\r\n"

/*
"Language shapes the way we think, and determines what we can think about."
-- B. L. Whorf
*/