OK, I am mktime() challenged. Can someone please explain these results to
me?

I have some test dates in October of 1998. For the days numbered 1-7,
mktime() does not care whether I have a leading zero on the day or not, I
get the same timestamp regardless, e.g., both a '7' and a '07' for the day
number give the same timestamp. However, for the days 8-9, I get different
timestamps for each if I use '8' versus '08' and '9' versus '09'. In these
latter two cases, mktime treats both '08' and '09' as '0', and it gives the
same timestamp as Oct 0 1998. What's up?

The code is below if you want to have a look.

Kirk

Kirk Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"0, as a number, is just as important as any other number."

<?
$tmp = mktime(0,0,0,10,0,1998);
echo "$tmp<br>";
$tmp = mktime(0,0,0,10,00,1998);