ok - here's my problem.  I have some data in mysql, and other data in
informix.

here is my application.  this is for distributors of prepaid phone cards.
prepaid phone cards have 3 numbers they can be identified by pin number
(which is unique), or by batch & serial number.  the batch number is
basically the type of card, and the serial number & batch number for another
unique identifier when used together.

now - a batch can be given to several different distributors.  therefore,
when then are pulling various types of information on the batch they should
only be able to see it for their cards, and not all of the cards in the
batch.

piece of cake right?  well - the permissions information is kept in mysql,
and the batch information its self is kept in an informix database.  there
is no way around this for me.

the only way I can think of to work around this problem is to query 1 card
at a time, and sum the info etc. together.  however, there could be 400,000+
records, and this would be a slow tedious process.  plus for each card I'd
have to query the mysql database for permissions, and then in turn query the
informix database in turn.  this could take a long time to display the
webpage.

clear as mud???  recommendations?