I've been using Apache, MySQL and PHP under Win2k for a while to learn PHP. At the moment, I'm running PHP 4.2.2, MySQL 3.23.39 and Apache 2.0.40.

During the holidays, I've read about a security hole in MySQL and therefore plans to upgrade to 3.23.54a. At the same time, I want to install PHP 4.3.0 and Apache 2.0.43.

But when I started to look for upgrading instructions for each software package, I find nothing.

Therefore, I would like to know how to perform an upgrade of each package?

Should the MySQL and Apache deamons be stopped first?

Should I install into my current directories?

Will my config files be overwritten?

Does it matter which of the three I upgrade first?

What more should I keep in mind?

If questions like these are considered off topic, please let me know.

Best regards,

Anders