Anders Thoresson wrote:
>   I've seen both guest books and user forums "hacked" by users who
> enter javascript or other code, and that way redirects vistors to
> other sites or do other unwelcome things. What expressions should I
> look for and not allow in my forms?

I use the htmlspecialchars() function to disable all html. This function
basically puts a '\' in front of eacht html character and thus disables all
html.
You may not want to do this if you want to allow, for example <b></b> or
other friendly html. If so you can use a regex to disable the <script> or

Now that I think about it, it might be better to disable all html and later
enable <i>,<b> etc (or define your own, like a lot of forums seem to do).

-Peter