I have a drop down list with all fifty states. very common.  I conjured
up a way to store the value when you return to edit the form, but there
most be an easier way either in html, or in php.  Here is what I
currently have.

<select name="state">
            <option value="AL"{$stateselected['AL']}>Alabama</option>
            <option value="AK"{$stateselected['AK']}>Alaska</option>
            <option value="AZ"{$stateselected['AZ']}>Arizona</option>
            .
</select>

$stateselected['$state'] is an array that stores the state that was
selected on the prior form.  is there an easier way, to have a default
state picked out of this drop down list.???

Thanks,

Steven Kallstrom