On Tue, 07 Jan 2003 22:49:45 +0100, you wrote:

>hi!
>
>is it possible to make different modify actions (add, delete, etc.)
>during a single request?
>
>for changing a password in the NDS i would have to
>first delete the 'userPassword' and right after that add the new
>'userPassword'

AFAIK it is not possible to do this in PHP.  I had a similar issue
while building a administration interface for mail users that were
stored in LDAP.  I needed a way to ensure that I was giving each user
a unique uidNumber without any potential race conditions.  In the end
I had to write a small Perl script to do what I needed and I run it
from my php script using exec() since I couldn't do a single atomic
LDAP delete followed by an LDAP add in PHP.  I can give you more
information on this if it might help.