You high jacked someone else's thread, probably because you hit the "reply-to" button and just changed the subject line instead of posting a "new" message.

Try posting again, creating a new message this time. You'll start your own thread and will definitely get more answers ...

Jc

Christian Stalberg wrote:
redhat linux 7.3
apache 1.3.27
mysql 3.23.49
php 4.0.4pl1 (static install)
mod_ssl-2.8.12

the box had php 4.2.3 installed on it originally.
we had a mysql application that would only run
with php version 4.0.4pl1 so we installed that
version of php and everything worked.

later we ran autorpm with the 'interactive' setting
(just downloading and not auto installing) and the php-dependent application broke. when we run debug_phpinfo it says version 4.2.3. we have reinstalled php version 4.0.4pl1 and debug_phpinfo still says version 4.2.3 and the app. remains broken. yes we copied the php.ini file after the reinstall of the old version

we checked the new php binary and its definitely
version 4.0.4pl1. we're pulling our hair out.
what are we doing wrong/do we have yet to do?

thanks!