On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 12:00:33PM -0000, Danny Shepherd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where did he say he wanted to use Word to edit PHP files? AFAICT the idea
> was to automatically upload Word files, presumably to make them available on
> an Intranet for download etc.

Yes, automatically upload word file after the save button is pressed.

> As for uploading a file automatically - PHP isn't going to do it. An app
> which can map a virtual drive in Windows would probably be the best bet - I
> think Windows has built in support for mapping WebDAV and FTP servers as
> shares so this may be a good starting point.

I have looked at webdav, ftp, etc. None can solve my client's problem
without a major overhaul of the system. The problem is:

My client has a document management system (implemented in php) on a server.
It does uploads without problem. However, each time, a file get modified,
it has to be saved on local disk first and uploaded to the server by
a few more clicks. It would be nice if the application (e.g.,ms words) can save
the modified file directly to the server.

I am wondering if office suite applications can be tweaked (using macros, vb?),
so that a 'save' event will trigger an action of automatic upload. Or there
is a better approach.

Tim