I'm trying to get php compiled with mime magic, and it doesn't
appear to be working.

Here's my phpinfo page, showing the parameters I've used to
compile; it does show that I used '--enable-mime-magic' as
instructed in the docs at php.net:

http://horde.csd-bes.net/horde/test.php?mode=phpinfo (I need
mime-magic for the latest Horde).

My understanding is that there will be a section in phpinfo()
displaying mime magic settings when everything is good.  It is not
there at this time.

When I do the configure/make/make install, there are no complaints.

Is this an extention that requires a seperate module file like
mysql's mysql.so file?  If so, it's no where on my system.  I've
googled to find something of the sort with no luck.

I know also that I have to have a reference in php.ini pointing to
the magic.mime file; my entry says:

mime_magic.magicfile = "/usr/share/misc/magic.mime"

and I have verified that the magic.mime file is actually in the
location.

How do I figure out what's wrong?

Thanks