No the documentaton you are talking about, was that prior to ZE2 people were
using underscores to denote private functions/variables. With ZE2, they
wouldn't have to.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Rossi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, 12 January 2003 11:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [PHP] php5 cvs

its cool , i cant remember where i saw the reference , but it was claiming
to prefix the functions with underscores to denote private functions in php
4  for the rollover of php5, it was a pretty legit resource i cant remember
where though have too many bookmarks, oh well at least i know now , i think
it meant to underscore them , to make the private functions recognisable so
then the rewrite for the proper OO in php5 can be easy as adding private
where the underscores are ??, i gave  5 a test, compiled with no problems
except my ming extension didnt seem to load properly so will stick with for
4.3 for now.
aparantly its still not true OO as you have to add the constructor of the
base class inside the sub class constructor where other languages dont need
to do this, i was told from my c++ flatmate of mine but correct me if i'm
wrong but sadly i dont know much c++ apart from modding source code now and