look at mysql's DATE_FORMAT()   Let mysql do it for you, instead of PHP
----- Original Message -----
From: Stephen
To: PHP List
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 7:16 PM
Subject: [PHP] Display Dates in English o_O

I have a PHP driven site that as a time schedule. Since the site isn't exactly filled
with very
intellagent people who just LOVE to translate times and dates from a weird format
(Such as the
format used in MySQL), I'd like to take these from a MySQL table (the table's types
are DATE and
TIME) and translate the date to something like "Thrusday, January 16th, 2003" when the
date strate
from the table is "2003-01-16." Then with time, I'd like it to read something like
"8:00 PM" when it
reads straight from the table "20:00:00." Another feature I'd like to have it
timezones but that's
not the point of this message. If you don't mind, though, could you also tell me how
to configure
the times according the the timezone a user has chosen?

Thanks,
Stephen Craton
http://www.melchior.us

"What's the point in appearance if your true love, doesn't care about it?" --
http://www.melchior.us