1. You can "create" the current page with a combination of PHP_SELF,
QUERY_STRING, etc... Take a look at a phpinfo() page to see all of the
variables.

2. You can use ini_set() in your code to change the settings for your
sessions or an .htaccess file if your on *nix.

---John W. Holmes...

PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get your copy
today. http://www.phparch.com/

URL
> of the caller page to the page that's being called.
>
> 1. Only I can't figure out if there's a function to just pull the
current
> URL and plop it into a session variable. The thing is that these pages
are
> all built by using a bunch of GET variables in the URL, so it would be
> easiest to just do something like:
>
>   $_SESSION['mother'] = $currentURL;
>
> And then in the called, daughter, page do this:

> came from</a>
>
> As the only other way I've found is to have it use the
string-functions
> and re-build the current URL throughout the if-tree that builds the
page.
> I need to pass the mother URL to the daughter pages because there's
two
> main entry-points into the daugther pages, and one of them can have
10-15
> different states...
>
> But how do you pull the current url? ParseURL just smacks it into an
> array, and I'll then have to rebuild it anyway ... which makes it
about
> just as simple as running it through the if-tree. Whether or not the
> session-id is inside the URL is not essential to me, but dunno if php
> cares about it.
>
> 2. Since the above is required to function at all times, I need to
> override the expiration time. I can't do it in the ini file, 'cause I
> can't modify the server where it's to run, and it's set to 0 there...
(not