A while() loop will, at some point, break.  this is because the script will
timeout on the server before you send to any large lists... when I say
large, this could be 100 address', or could be 10,000 -- it all depends on
your server/ISP and server load at certain times.

A better/simpler solution would be to build a Bcc header field using the
while loop, then only send ONE email to 1000's of email address' via the Bcc
field, just like you would from Outlook.

BUT, your host may impose restrictions on how many emails you can send in
one Bcc... my host has a limit of 100.

So, I tend to send a few emails of 50-ish people per email to my list,
balancing the two above issues.

There are also some simple/complex classes on phpclasses.org (esp the one by
manuel lemmos) which can overcome both these problems, with various methods.

I haven't used them yet, basically because I don't see the need yet, given
my small lists.

Justin