Hi all.

2nd try -- Is the following possible to work around, or is it a bug that I should be
reporting?

I'm having issues uploading files whose names don't necessarily end with the correct
extension, in particular text files which don't end in .txt.  (Why they don't is
complicated, and it's impractical to insist that they must.)  The files are received,
but altered -- they are prepended with binary data which makes them difficult to deal
with in an elegant automated way.

No doubt this is a mime type issue, as the files are received as type
"application/x-macbinary" when sent from OSX Explorer.  Is there any way to force
plain text, or raw data?  All I want to happen is for the files to be uploaded
completely unchanged.

Btw, this happens with PHP 4.2.3 on OSX (entropy.ch), and with the latest 4.3 on
OpenBSD.

Thanks,
Alex
[EMAIL PROTECTED]