Hi.

I am currently working on a projekt that will involve uploading files with filesizes
up to about 10mb, and all sorts of different filetypes and I havet o Questsions
concerning that.

1 ) How should the upload be done? I don't feel all  that comfortable posting
10mb-files via a simple html-form, wouldn't that take a while if the connections is
slow, and even if it was fast, it would take a minute or two. I was drawing out a
upload functions with the built in ftp-functions,  but then it occured to me, doesn't
a <form> always  posts it's content to the server anyway? How do I post large files
without worrying about broken uploads, timeouts and all that?

2 ) How should I store the files? I suppose I have to optiones. Database ( I have
mySQL installed ) or in folders (  in RedHat8.0 ) Should I build up  a
folder-structure to hold the files or just put it all in the database? A mySQL table
in RedHat can hold 4gb, which is a lot, but my content may exceed that, how coud I
check the size of the tables, and dynamically create new databases and when running a
member Query, select content from them all?
Would a file structure be better, with a folder strucuture for member a-b store in
this folder c-d to in this and so on... Would it be stupid to store a 10000 10mb mpegs
in one database?

Any suggestions?

   /peter a