From: Chris Shiflett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 23 January 2003 15:28
To: Clarkson, Nick; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] Sessions & Security

--- "Clarkson, Nick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am trying to find the best method for implementing
> sessions in PHP to track/limit users. However, the
> more I read, the more I am concerned about security.
> Can anyone give me a definitive answer as to the best
> method of tracking users with security in mind?

I have spoken on this topic several times in the past. Here
are a few recent ones:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20030115215804.74315.qmail%40web14307.m
ail.yahoo.com
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20030102155526.52596.qmail%40web14302.m
ail.yahoo.com
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3DC35A8C.6030208%40php.net
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3DBC8190.9080007%40shiflett.org
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3D7BBDD2.7090803%40php.net

Hopefully that will give you a good start.

Chris

This private and confidential e-mail has been sent to you by Egg.
The Egg group of companies includes Egg Banking plc
(registered no. 2999842), Egg Financial Products Ltd (registered
no. 3319027) and Egg Investments Ltd (registered no. 3403963) which
carries out investment business on behalf of Egg and is regulated
by the Financial Services Authority.
Registered in England and Wales. Registered offices: 1 Waterhouse Square,
138-142 Holborn, London EC1N 2NA.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and have
received it in error, please notify the sender by replying with
'received in error' as the subject and then delete it from your
mailbox.