I am having some issues, apparently, with URL encode.

I've got people signing up for a membership on a site, but some of their
memberships fail because the username, which in encoded, sometimes goes
through fine and sometimes does not.

Are there any special reasons this may happen?

I decided to use this because people are allowed to use *any* key as part of
their name, so a name like "rt'$%^*&'rt" is perfectly allowable.

The strange thing is, more normal names like 'star99' or just 'logmein' are
failing, but the weirder character typed names are making it through fine.

Any ideas?

Oh, and BTW, I do use urldecode().  :)

Thanks,

-Mike