You can use $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']

Per wrote:

1lt John W. Holmes wrote:

Anyone who knows why get variables whit spaces in looking like this in
the URL blah.php?aa+bb=1 is changed to aa_bb in $_GET resulting in
$_GET['aa_bb'] instead of $_GET['aa bb']?

That's just what PHP does. It'll also convert any periods in a form element
name to an underscore.

Otherwise, if you have register globals on, it would try to create a
variable of "$aa bb" which doesn't make sense, or "$aa.bb" which doesn't
make sense, either, because the dot is a concatinator.

---John Holmes...

Makes some kind of sence I guess... but I think it would be better if those using register_globals=on had to suffer instead of me;)

Is there a way to know if the underscore is an original one or just a replacement for an underscore?

/P