>> I'm interested in how most would create a transition page..
>
> One thing you might consider is using flush() to output
> what you have so far to the browser rather than sending

The problem I'm having is that the uploading of the file takes time, and the
screen simply sits there while this is being done .. I don't know if there
is a way around that. Flush would be fine if it could be done before the
upload started; problem is, hitting submit starts the upload process which
waits until it's done before receiving instructions included in the upload
processing script.